The FT-818 provides 6W of solid output power with an external DC power source. The supplied Ni-MH battery pack (SBR-32MH) has been updated to provide more battery capacity - 9.6 v / 1900 mAh. The recent launch of several new satellites is a clear sign that the large global community of satellite enthusiasts will be very pleased to learn that the FT-818 includes the construction of the TCXO-9 oscillator which gives the FT-818 a fantastic stability of frequency (+/- 0.5ppm). 5MHz band (the WRC-15 frequency is also available on the new FT-818.
The FT-818 includes all the useful functions that are included in the FT-817ND: Dual VFO, Split frequency operation; IF Shift; "RIT" clarifier; IF Noise Blanker; Gain and Squelch RF control; IPO (Intercept Point Opimisation); AM aircraft reception; AM and FM Broadcast reception; VOX; Built-in electronic keyer; Adjustable CW pitch; Automatic Repeater Shift (ARS); Built-in CTCSS encoder / decoder; 208 memory channels with 10 memory groups; two antenna connectors; automatic shutdown (APO) and Timeout Timer (TOT) functions; and so on.
- Power output increased 6W (SSB, CW, FM) 2.0W (Carrier AM) * NEW!
- Better frequency stability ± 0.5 ppm: TCXO-9 * NEW!
- Increased battery capacity: 9.6 V / 1,900 mAh (SBR-32) * NEW!
- 5 MHz band (WRC-15 + UK frequency) Operation available * NEW!
- 208 memory channels / 10 groups of memory
- Works with bands from 160-10 m, HF, 6 m, 2 m and 70 cm
- Ultra compact and portable
- Two antenna connectors
- IF shift, IF noise suppression, IPO, ATT
- CW "Semi-Break-in", CW Reverse, CW Pitch Control
- Integrated electronic keyer
- Multi-Color Easy to see LCD
- Internal battery functionality
- Automatic ARS repeater shift
- APO Automatic switch-off
- Front key lock mode
Hand-held microphone (MH-31A8J)
Battery (SBR-32 9.6V 1900mAh Ni-MH)
Battery (FBA-28) (Requires 8 "AA: batteries)
Whip antenna for
50/144/430 MHz DC cable (YHA-63) (E-DC-6)
Shoulder strap, ferrite core, rubber foot
Charger (PA-48) Specifications: frequency ranges: RX 100 kHz - 30 MHz 50 MHz - 54 MHz 76 MHz - 108 MHz 87.5 MHz - 108 MHz 430 MHz - 440 MHz TX 1.8 MHz - 54 MHz (5 , 2500 MHz - 5.4065 MHz) WRC-15 + UK 144 MHz - 146 MHz 430 MHz - 440 MHz (Amateur bands only) Type of circuit: Double conversion superheterodyne (SSB / CW / AM / FM) Type of superheterodyne modulation single conversion (WFM) : A1A (CW), A3E (AM), J3E (LSB, USB), F3E (FM), F1D (PACKET), F2D (PACKET)
RF power: 6 W (SSB / CW / FM), 2 W (AM Carrier) @ 13.8 V
Memory channels: 208
Case dimensions (W x H x D): 135 x 38 x 165 mm without knob and connector
Weight: 900 g (without battery, antenna and microphone)