The Wouxun KG-UV6D is an inexpensive handheld for the 2 m and 70 cm. Despite its relatively low price, this radio is made professionally and has a rich set of accessories. The LCD display is clear and bright and show two frequencies simultaneously. You can use each VFO on the same band (V/V, U/U, V/U). You can view an alphanumeric name instead of frequency. The output power is 2 metres and 4W 5W on about 70 cm that can be reduced to 1W on each band.
The operating frequency range is 144-148 and 430-440 MHz (Tx/Rx) and can be extended via software to 138-174 and 400 to 470 MHz. In addition, a receiver from 87 to 108 MHz band covers WFM. The KG-UV6D has 199 memories. The keyboard allows sending DTMF codes, for example to use Echolink. 1750 Hz tone is now available. When using the keyboard, a voice guide in English supports blind operators.
Significant changes to it's predecessor KG-UV2D:
- More memories (199 instead of 128)
- Dust and water protected IP55
- Very slightly larger and heavier
- Additional controls on the front panel
The antenna connector is a recessed SMA plug, just like with the predecessor (inner thread, center conductor correctly). We apologize for the erroneous information we had earlier in the product description.
- Step 10:5, 20 and 25, 6.25, 12.5, kHz
- DTMF Encoding
- Selectable FM bandwidth (12.5/25kHz)
- Priority scanning Funzionaleità
- The low supply voltage is announced verbally and signaled by the flashing of a LED
- Bright backlit LCD in black
- Roger beep for the beginning and end of the secondary clutch (disconnectable)
- Encoding and decoding of CTCSS tones and DCS 105 50
- Selectable output power 5W (4W)/1W
- Selectable duplex 69,950 MHz ± 0-pass
- 1750 Hz tone of opening
Included in the package of the KG-UV6D found:
- Radio KG-UV6D
- Rechargeable LiIon Battery 7.4 V, 1300mAh
- Antenna Dualband
- Charger, complete with connecting
- Belt clip
- Wrist strap
NB: the product is made with different labels from Wouxun.
Our devices are labeled Maas instead Wouxun, but it is one and the same Radio.